OT: A note to the person in the next cubicle

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sun Jul 5 14:18:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 13:06 -0400, William Case wrote:

> #5 Fedora 11 LAN installation
>
> I have a two computer (sometimes three computer) LAN in my house.  Both
> are F10 to be F11.  In the past, to keep it simple, I have installed the
> newest Fedora version on each machine by burning the .iso to disk(s) and
> then doing two separate installs.  I was thinking that this time -- just
> for the hell of it -- I would do something fancier like install F11 on
> the second machine using the LAN.
>
> The problem is: I have never used the LAN for anything real before.  I
> got the LAN connection up and working and that was about it.

If you can do it, maybe add/keep that 3rd computer on the LAN, setup as
a server for files/music/movies etc.. and use it and do network type
installs.  You could use it to also mirror updates and such from fedora
and then update your other machines as you wish. Download isos and keep
them on there and then do you installs via network.

Such some suggestions and options that you may like.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org