livecd artwork for CD printing?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Jul 6 19:28:53 UTC 2009

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 13:42:58 -0500
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> Have you considered using the templates for Glabels that will let
> you print directly to the CD/DVD? I have a set that works well on
> the photosmart printers it has been tried on, using both 120mm and
> 80mm media.

Have you printed one recently? My distinct impression from
gimp and openoffice experience is that gtk has completely broken
the ability to print to custom page sizes and I think
glabels is a gtk based app that needs to customize page
definitions.

I wrote kewpie to have a Qt app that avoided gtk nonsense
(and gets the Qt nonsense instead :-). I do have a nice
blue fedora 11 live CD now (but I'm wondering how long it
will take the smell of inkjet ink to fade).