Help with d????????? ? ? ? ? ? .gvfs

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Jul 6 21:57:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 17:18:17 -0400
Gene Heskett wrote:

> What gets me is that there is no starter code anyplace in /etc/rc* that starts
> it.

I'm betting it is hard coded in gnome-settings-daemon since that is
about the only thing from gnome I always start, but they could
have hid it somewhere else too. If you are really bored you could
try running "strings -a" on all the programs installed by any
gnome packages and see which one has the string "gvfs-fuse-daemon"
in it :-). I already tried searching the gconf database and
it doesn't appear in there anywhere that I can find.