Editing menus in XFCE

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 07:52:02 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to edit the applications menu in XFCE(F11)? I think I
read in the release notes (or help files) that the ability to do that
was removed while writing the latest XFCE and it has not been
reimplemented yet.

I believe one can edit /etc/xdg/menus/xfce-applications.menu or any of
the .desktop files in /usr/share/applications/ to get the job done. But
isn't that rather too "hacky" for something as simple as editing the menu?

Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

--
Suvayu