any known working USB/serial converters?

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200907 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:20:24 UTC 2009

"Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> writes:
> in a nutshell, i'm trying to talk to the serial console of a
> beagleboard via a USB port on my laptop.

Are both ends using the same signaling voltage?  Just because something
is wired to a DB-9 (or DB-25) doesn't mean it talks +/- 12v (or even +/-
5v.)  My Garmin GPS takes extreme liberties with the signaling voltages
and only certain serial adapters recognize the 0-5v signal as a usable
rs232-like signal.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              Android 1.5 (Cupcake) and Fedora-11