Random screen blanking -- a clue

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 12 02:08:30 UTC 2009

On Saturday 11 July 2009, Richard Shaw wrote:
>On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Sam Varshavchik<mrsam at courier-mta.com>
wrote:
>> Richard Shaw writes:

>>> Just to gather more data, would everyone reply with the version and
>>> source they are using for the nvidia drivers? I want to see if we can
>>> figure out which package is the culprit...
>>
>> I am using the nouveau driver,
>> xorg-x11-drv-nouveau-0.0.12-40.20090528git0c17b87.fc11.i586
>
>Although that's only one datapoint, it seems that the problem is with
>a fedora package and not with the proprietary nvidia drivers, which is
>some way is a relief. I guess this leaves a kernel driver or Xorg dpms
>bug as the culprit?
>
>Thanks,
>Richard

If ya wanna, toss in that I'm running the radeonhd driver.  They can't all be
bad, so maybe the dpms or something in the kernel is to blame after all.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Mal: "If it's Alliance trouble you got, you might want to consider another
ship. Some onboard here fought for the Independents."
				--Episode #8, "Out of Gas"