F10, AthlonXP 2500+, recently updated...System freeze?

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Jul 13 13:18:08 UTC 2009

This may be coincidence, or maybe not...

After the last round of updates to F10 on my AthlonXP 2500+ system, a
couple/few weeks ago, my system has been freezing.  I get nothing in my
logs, I see nothing in the way of the normal kernel debug output that
often spews out to the screen...the system just completely freezes.

I've tried in runlevel 5 (where I normally run, as I use this system as my
desktop) and in runlevel 3.

I seem to recall a thread, recently, where some laptop users were noting
that they were noting increased heat and their fans running more often,
after some recent updates (and specifically noted that they were not
having this issue when dual booting into Windows)...has anyone else noted
similar issues on desktop type systems?

While I realize that there are risks to using "bleeding edge" operating
systems, I've been a Red Hat user since 4.2, and a Fedora user since FC1,
and not having my desktop system usable is causing me great distress, at
this point.

Thanks.
--
Mike Burger