Installing Fc11 on a 250gb Sata drive.

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Jul 15 22:45:55 UTC 2009

Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Jim<mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> FC11
>> are there any problems with installing  Fedora on a sata drive, I have never
>> installed Linux on a sata drive. I've heard that there is problems.
>
>  I had no issues.
> Check your system board and use Sata port 1 for the system disk.

So the fact that my system disk is running on the 2nd SATA port is wrong?

Does the system know this?  It boots fine for me as its the only
bootable disk on either controller.

BTW, I just moved my system from a 250GB SATA drive to a 500GB SATA
drive last Sunday night.....  (something about needing 770MB more space
in my /usr partition in order to update to F11....)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net