missing audio after F11 install on IBM T61 Thinkpad

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 16 21:37:47 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been missing audio after installing F11 (from the XFCE spin) on my IBM Thinkpad T61. I looked around and even tried the following:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=206868&highlight=problems+sound

but this did nothing. alsamixer -c0 brought in a while lot of stuff and I dutifully changed everything from <MM> to 00 without understanding the implications, but to no avail. Any suggestions? I sort of miss the old system-config-sound and then clicking to see whether sound would work on the older Fedoras (before 10).

This machine had previously been upgraded from F8->F9->F10 so I never felt the problems in F10. I chose to install this time because of the ext4 filesystem, etc and hence getting sound working is a different ball-game.

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Best wishes,