A graphics driver problem - poor quality and resolution on F11.

Simon Slater pyevet at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 17 01:10:30 UTC 2009

	G'day all,
		I have a s3virge graphics card and Acerview56c monitor.  All looked
fine with FC6 but with F11 there are vertical lines and following the
mouse pointer are some pixels in contrasting colours. The maximum screen
size available through system-config-display is 832x624.
The driver in /etc/X11xorg.conf is the s3virge driver and appears under
hardware in s-c-d, which also shows the correct monitor.

	I booted to Knoppix and the display was crystal clear at a resolution
of 1024x768 using the s3virge driver.

	s-c-d won't let me change either the driver to vesa or the monitor to a
generic 1024x768.  Where do I find the source of the problem?

--
Regards,
Simon Slater