amaya in repos?

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 10:35:01 UTC 2009

Ed Greshko responded,
> Joel Rees wrote:
> > Amaya shows to be orphaned, last entry is Fedora 9:
> >
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/amaya?
> _csrf_token=1e50eca0476c3f20d764e66baf5cfd9654b11dc6
> >

> > Neither yum info nor yum search seem to find it. At least, not on a
> > ppc machine.
> >
> > Have orphaned projects been removed?
> >
> > Would the best approach at this point be to download the source from
> > w3.org and build? Anybody use it? Care to comment? Especially,
> > concerning the ability to enter Japanese?
> >

> Have you tried their rpm?
>
> http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html

Thanks, Ed.

I have a habit of building from source things that aren't in the
distro packages.

One of the source packages they provide comes with all the
dependencies, and I don't recognize a couple of them. freetype and
w3c-libwww were installed, redland was not, but was in the regular
repos.

Parts of Mesa seem to be installed, other parts seem to be n the
repositories. I suppose the quickest way to find out if it's enough
is to try building it.

yum search wxWidgets gives me a list of stuff like bacula-console-
wxwidgets, compat-wxGTK26,  and, hmm. Maybe that would be wxBase and
wxGTK and wxGTK-gl and wxGTK-media, which are already installed.

Anyway, it looks confusing, and I guess I was hoping there would be
someone on the list here who has used it recently and could tell me
the lay of the land before I wade in.

Well, I guess I'll try building it after the family is all in bed. Or
maybe set the build going now, before I start washing the dishes. Or
maybe get the RPM, since it looks possible that I have all the
dependencies, now that I've looked again.