Recent update of F8 server to F10

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Mon Jul 20 18:06:54 UTC 2009

Hi,
	I just recently updated my email server from F8 to F10.  Now, while I'm
still receiving emails, 2 of my milters aren't running:

	spf-milter    and     clamav-milter

I discovered that I was running a really jury-rigged old copy of an fc4
spf-milter, and I had to update quite a few perl packages to get this
updated to fc10 packages.  I found the city-fan.org repo and started
using this as this is where my old fc4 RPM came from.  After much
updating of some perl packages to fc10 versions, I am left with this
error when starting the milter:

# /sbin/service spf-milter start
Starting spf-milter: spf-milter: Failed to set timeout value!
                                                            [FAILED]

??

Failed to set timeout value????  Am I missing something basic here?

My sendmail.mc file has the following lines:

> dnl #
> dnl # Sendmail SPF Milter support
> dnl #
> define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL',`9')dnl
> INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`spf-milter', `S=local:/var/run/spf-milter/spf-milter.sock, F=, T=C:4m;S:4m;R:8m;E:10m')dnl

I can see the timeout values there.  But, this may not be the timeout
being complained about.  in sendmail-milter-spf-1.42.pl I found the
following code:

>     # Now we set a fairly large timeout. The idea here is to set it so large, that
>     # the Milter will not try and compete with the sendmail T= timings, which allow
>     # for a more fine-grained tuning.
>
>     if (not Sendmail::Milter::settimeout ('8192')) {
>         log_error_and_exit ("Failed to set timeout value!");
>     }

Did I miss something basic?  Can someone please tell me what I've one
wrong?  This used to work with F8.

Thanks!

--
Kevin J. Cummings