aspell rpm is defective.

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Tue Jul 21 15:29:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:18:15 -0500
Aaron Konstam wrote:

> No one responded to my question of the absence of dictionaries for
> aspell and ispell so I looked further.
>
> The aspell rpm at least through f9 put the dictionaries
> in /usr/lib/aspell-0.60/
>  They are not there or anywhere I can find in F11. Could someone confirm
> this so I can do a Bugzilla on aspell? Or maybe no one else cares.
>
> What is used in its place. Maybe huspell.

Something sure seems busted. I've always been able to do ESC-$ to
check the spelling of a word in emacs and it has worked through all the
evolutions from ispell to aspell and wot-not, but I just tried it
on my fully updated fedora 11 emacs and got this:

Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
ispell-init-process: Can't open affix or dictionary files for dictionary named "POSIX".
@(#) International Ispell Version 3.2.06 (but really Hunspell 1.2.8)

So I guess it is using hunspell, but it can't find a dictionary either.