3 finger salute gone in F11

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 17:30:31 UTC 2009

Tanel Valdna wrote:
> On 07/21/2009 05:58 PM, suvayu ali wrote:

>>> cp /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-x11-keymap.fdi /etc/hal/fdi/policy/
>>> reboot
>>>

>> Hi Gabriel,
>>
>> I did as you suggested, but I still can't kill X by
>> Ctrl-Alt-Backspace. Any thoughts?
>>

> Check your Xorg.conf file.
>
> Find this:
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>     Option "DontZap"  "yes"
> EndSection
>
> Change it to "no". And it should work again if you are lucky.

I don't have an xorg.conf. Moreover I thought in fedora DontZap is set
to no[1], the problem is the key binding to do that is not turned on
by default. Isn't that right?

Should I be filing a bug report against XFCE for not letting me change
this setting like Gnome or KDE does? What would the appropriate
component be in that case?

[1]http://ryanler.wordpress.com/2009/06/11/controlaltbackspace-shortcut-does-not-restart-the-x-server-in-fedora-11/

--
Suvayu