Vista Won't Boot From Grub Under F11

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Wed Jul 22 02:18:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-21 at 19:00 -0700, gerrynix wrote:

> Solaris 10 x86 has very similar problems with grub and Vista. I opted to go with VMs via Virtual Box instead (64 bit Vista host in my case). HOWEVER, I googled "boot vista with grub' and hit a load of documented solutions with various versions of Linux and Solaris.
> --
> Nix

An update to my particular scenario, is I have reinstalled all OS's
involved and have some success this time.  This time, I have just
Windows 7 installed on my first HD, and Fedora 11 on the 2nd.  So far,
both boot just fine.  How I did this, was removed all partitions, with
just the 2 drives showing one partition each (the full/whole drive).

What I had setup before, was Win 7 on first drive, F11 on *most* of the
2nd drive, and Rawhide installed on rest of 2nd drive (not sharing any
dir's).  That's when I had the boot problems.  Maybe if I was to remove
everything all again, and install each os from scratch, in order from
win 7, f11, to rawhide, maybe it all works out, but not sure as it's all
good for now.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org