F12 networkmanager, anyone else worried by this?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jul 22 11:10:34 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> Is anyone able to reassure me that NM will finally work this time?
>
> The best way is to run Rawhide for testing, provide feedback and
> reassure yourself.

Although NM is much more reliable than it used to be, in my experience,
it still has a number of major faults:

1. There is an almost complete lack of documentation;

2. It still occasionally gets into a loop, where it repeatedly
asks for the encryption key.

3. The connection is always lost (in my case) after Suspend to RAM.

4. The NM messages in /var/log/messages are mostly incomprehensible.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net