F11 Sound without PulseAudio ?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 20:10:25 UTC 2009

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:48:11 -0600, Linuxguy123 wrote:

> I still have no sound.   Search the archives for more details.  Others
> with Intel sound devices report a similar condition.  Bug reports have
> been filed.  The problem appears to be related to PulseAudio.
>
> Is there a way to get sound working in F11 without using PulseAudio ?

Before you point the finger at PulseAudio, you should have tried
to get sound working with native ALSA. Try "yum remove pulseaudio",
and be warned that it might pull out several unexpected dependencies.
Then make sure you kill the pulseaudio daemon, and reconfigure at least
one audio player (e.g.) to use a native ALSA driver.

For further discussing this, care to link the bugzilla tickets?