Functional GIT on F11 ?

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Jul 22 22:19:19 UTC 2009

Aaron Gray wrote:
> Yeah, I have asked git-svn Q's there before but not got any real
> answers.

:/

> One last question if you have the answer.
>
> How do I use git-svn clone/fetch with bare repositories ?
>
> It just does not seem to work anyway round I try it.

AIUI, git svn expects a non-bare repository.  But it seems that with a
little effort you can convince it otherwise:

    http://gsocblog.jsharpe.net/archives/12

I use git svn to interact with a few upstream projects stuck on svn
and what I've done is use git svn clone to setup a clone.  To work on
that from a few places, I push from that clone into a bare git repo
which I can then pull and push from on my other systems.

Mostly though, I work on these projects from my laptop - the original
git svn clone.  Since svn can't handle a non-linear history, I end up
rebasing things in git before pushing them back to svn anyway, so I
treat the master branch of the git svn clone as my final staging area.
I tend to not make anything but trivial commits directly on master.

My use case might not be as sophisticated as yours, so I may not have
too many good suggestions for you. :)

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there.
    -- Will Rogers