postfix per sender relay bounces

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Jul 23 12:36:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

I noticed an odd problem on my fresh local postfix setup (which was done
after Pauls howto

 http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2616
) The Problem is: when my paranoid university mail server denied relay
because of the wrong helo (even though I authenticate via a TLS secured
connection), postfix happily wanted to send a bounce report. To the
adress of the "faked" sender. So it tried to relay that bounce report to
the university server again and -of course- failed.

Is there a way to configure postfix to send bounces for specific senders
back to a local queue?

regards

christoph