postfix per sender relay bounces

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jul 23 14:53:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 14:36 +0200, Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed an odd problem on my fresh local postfix setup (which was done
> after Pauls howto
>
> http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2616
> ) The Problem is: when my paranoid university mail server denied relay
> because of the wrong helo (even though I authenticate via a TLS secured
> connection), postfix happily wanted to send a bounce report. To the
> adress of the "faked" sender. So it tried to relay that bounce report to
> the university server again and -of course- failed.
>
> Is there a way to configure postfix to send bounces for specific senders
> back to a local queue?
----
I'm not entirely sure what the local queue will do but you can implement
sender checks...

# cat /etc/postfix/sender_checks
# This file must be "compiled" with "postmap"

# We get lots of spam from example3.tld, but we have somebody
# there from which we do want to hear
#someuser at example3.tld  OK
#example3.tld           REJECT

and add to smtpd_restrictions...
    check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_checks,

Craig

believed to be clean.