pulseaudio breaks after update today

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jul 24 02:35:48 UTC 2009

Jack craig wrote:
<snip>
the cpu use goes through the roof and my audio stream dies.

anyone got a fix to offer? tia, jackc...

****************
This is part of an install script I use for mythtv, to remove pulse and
revert to alsa alone.

-----------------------
#!/bin/bash
  echo "         Remove pulse audio files mythtv does not need"
  echo ""
  echo "         Do NOT use 'remove pulseaudio*' as this will remove
pulseaudio-libs"
  echo "         which will kill gdm and other core programs."
  echo ""
  yum -y remove pulseaudio alsa-plugins-pulseaudio pavucontrol \
                pulseaudio-utils gstreamer-plugins-pulse \
                pulseaudio-core-libs akode-pulseaudio
  rm -rf /etc/pulse
  rm -rf /root/.pulse*
  rm -rf /home/mythtv/.pulse*