[Slightly OT] Re: Ranter or evangelist?

gilpel at altern.org gilpel at altern.org
Fri Jul 24 22:47:05 UTC 2009

> gilpel at altern.org wrote:

>> I would bet that Ubuntu has pretty much all bugs I have noted until now"
>> So, I can't see what's the difference.
>>
> Don't guess. Try it and find out.

I tried it and found out. After using Amarok for 15 minutes, i couldn't
log in anymore: both my passwords had been changed.

>> Fedora is not really a good distro for newbies... or anybody not wishing
>> to make Brasero burn and the clipboards working properly, you say? Then
>> who are final releases for?
>>
> Nobody said that. What people are trying to tell you is that Fedora
> is aimed at people that like to try new things, and help fix then
> when they break.

That's what rawhide is for. I see no purpose in releasing a final version
with, for instance, Brasero not working, and Totem not much either, I'm
afraid.

> You almost have the Karl Larson mode down perfect. You are right,
> and everyone else is wrong.

See my last posrt entitled "Why Fedora is for experts only?" and tell me
who benefits from having no pause to choose a kernel. Whenever I'm proved
wrong, I confess my error. Until then, I stand my ground whatever some
"experts" may say.