acer one

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jul 24 23:43:52 UTC 2009

roland wrote:
> I tried to do this, but he complains saying the stick is not bootable
> so I should use /sbin/parted
> Parted only allows to make a ext2 filesystem.
> How should I do this. Why does it work out of the box with you guys?

First of all, parted will make many other file systems besides ext2.
From the man page:

mkfs partition fs-type
  Make  a  filesystem  fs-type on partition. fs-type can be
  one of "fat16", "fat32", "ext2", "linux-swap", or "reiserfs".

But I believe what they are asking you to do is make sure the boot
flag is set on the partition.

Mikkel