cdrkit isoinfo and iso-info

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 25 01:56:15 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 7/24/09, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> From: Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>
> Subject: Re: cdrkit isoinfo and iso-info
> To: "Antonio Olivares" <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: "encouragement and advice for using Fedora.Community assistance" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Friday, July 24, 2009, 5:36 PM
> On 07/25/2009 05:07 AM, Antonio
> Olivares wrote:
>
> > http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html
> >
> > Who is right?
> > Can both sides be right?
>
> The cdrecord maintainer makes many such claims but fails to
> provide
> references. That is very suspect. He tried to do the same
> thing in
> Fedora Legal as well. His claims were discarded.

Thank you for sharing that Rahul.  However, does not he provide examples or where this happens on the above referenced page?

> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legal-list/2009-July/msg00000.html
>
> Rahul

I do not know about legal stuff, but if he is granting use of his program isn't this enough to distribute the program without problems, Only ones who would object would probably be Debian camp who made the fork anyway?

Anyhow, this is something out of our hands.  Thank you for sharing the link, there are many things that we do not know :( and it is good to know!

Regards,

Antonio