Why Fedora is for experts only?

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 23:15:13 UTC 2009

On Saturday 25 July 2009 08:34 AM, David Boles wrote:

> (K)Ubuntu has its place. They are distribution for the 'install it and
> forget it' crowd. They do all the setups and configuration and all of
> the nanny hand holding. This 'install it and forget it' crowd then sits
> in front of the monitor and 'surfs the web'. They play their mp3s. They
> watch their videos.
>
> These users, the 'install it and forget it' crowd, are the ones that
> show up on this list with the 'this is crap!!!!!!!!' and 'my stuff
> don't' work!!!!!" rants and whines. Notice the excessive punctuation.  :-)

*ubuntu is not that install and forget if you want to do something
serious. I use Fedora 11 at home and Xubuntu 8.04 for work, and every
time I try out something not conventional Fedora works flawlessly
whereas Xubuntu fails big time. I hate it, but the management at our lab
prefers that.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Suvayu