Suddenly I can't play audio CDs in F11.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Jul 26 14:00:36 UTC 2009

Aaron;

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 07:48 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 17:47 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > > I can mount data CDs and play DVDs when inserted but when I insert an
> > > audio CD no icon appears on the Desktop and no audio playing occurs.
> > >
> > > I checked the previous messages on this problem and the last one said:
> > > Dumb question, you did check the state of the option to play audio CDs
> > > when inserted, right? Under preferences?
> > >
> > > Well I can find no such option under System->Preferences.
> > > Where is it or is there some other resolution of the problem. This used
> > > to work.
> > >
> > It looks like they moved it to the Media tab of
> > System --> Preferences --> File Management.
> >
> So they have but that does not help. By tomorrow I will collect more information and someone may have a solution.

I have exactly the same problem.  For me, it seemed to start after a
significant number of updates released around July 9,2009.  I had used
my CD music and RhythmBox just before those updates. (Only a day or two)

The trouble is, I have looked closely at my update log and nothing there
SEEMS relevant.  Also, I have checked online and Ubuntu users seem to be
having the same problem.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 11, Gnome 2.26.3