'Splain please re: mixer, alsa, pulseaudio and tvtime??

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:30:17 UTC 2009

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:51:42 -0400, William wrote:

> I am sure you must be getting tired of this issue, but ...
> I have the latest kernel source code + git here and could use some
> suggestions on where to start.  I have just begun to look at kernel code
> so I am sure my way will be tortuous, however, I am willing to give it a
> try -- reading the comments and documentation at least.
>
> To save me some fruitless time, would you suggest I look at the 'tuner'
> driver, cx23885, cx23887, cx25840 or something else?  Maybe at the
> motherboard sound chips?

Those modules as listed by lsmod. The radio feature of your tv card would
be worth another test, btw ;) although right now I can't tell whether
gnome-radio works.

 From your dmesg output:

| cx23885[0]/0: registered device video0 [v4l2]

/dev/video0 as used by tvtime by default.

| cx23885[0]: registered device video1 [mpeg]

/dev/video1 that's the one other users get audio with together
with mplayer. Even other users report success with mythtv, but
mplayer should be easier.