Suddenly I can't play audio CDs in F11.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 26 20:36:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 10:00 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Aaron;
>
> On Sun, 2009-07-26 at 07:48 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> > > It looks like they moved it to the Media tab of
> > > System --> Preferences --> File Management.
> > >
> > So they have but that does not help. By tomorrow I will collect more information and someone may have a solution.
>
> I have exactly the same problem.  For me, it seemed to start after a
> significant number of updates released around July 9,2009.  I had used
> my CD music and RhythmBox just before those updates. (Only a day or two)
>
> The trouble is, I have looked closely at my update log and nothing there
> SEEMS relevant.  Also, I have checked online and Ubuntu users seem to be
> having the same problem.

I am confused as you are. I am going to collect all the information
about this an post it tomorrow. It is not the hardware since my machines
double boots and win XP can play cd's. If you look at the log messages
you will see that reading the audio CD causes errors in accessing the
CD..
I suspect it is a udev problem.
QOTD: "It's been real and it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun."
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net