fedora "consumer satisfaction" statistics

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Tue Jul 28 03:37:59 UTC 2009

Quoting Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at yahoo.com>:

It has been my experience here that few, very few, people
write in and
say that 'everything is beautiful. Everything works
out-of-the-box. All
is wonderful.  :-)  After all it is a help list
not a praise list.

snip!

That's true but Fedora is still a very clean innovative distro that
pleases an awful lot of its users, me included. The 20 second boot
time is very very nice. I used to have a windows 95 box on a Pentium
75 MHz CPU that booted to a desktop in about 30 seconds and let me
start WP7 in about 10 seconds after that. It isn't nostalgia that
makes me appreciate F11, it is because it's a good productive system.
And I get updated versions of all the most common software with the
new release. In fact, on my computer EVERYTHING in F11 works better
and faster than in F7. I don't think we need to be MS driven, but this
is the exact opposite of the Redmond Way, and gives me more and more
out of my hardware at no cost except for my time, which I am happy to
spend in the routinely fulfilled expectation that it will be worthwhile.

So that's pretty good.

Dave

--
When addiction becomes commonplace in a society, people become
addicted not only to alcohol and drugs, but to a thousand other