will we ever have radeon drivers that aren't crap?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Tue Jul 28 08:51:25 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 28 July 2009 04:11:36 john wendel wrote:
> The one and only time I ever had an ATI card was when I was running
> Windows 98 (the last version I ever owned) and the ATI driver wouldn't
> get out of 640x480 mode. I gave the card away, and vowed to never buy
> ATI video again. I suggest you do the same.

It's unfair to compare ATi so long ago with ATi now.  But then many people are
running ancient cards and expect them to work with modern drivers.  It's
unrealistic.  ATi are working better with Linux these days, but it has only
been this last couple of years.  Anything older than that, you just have to
accept what it gives you.

Anne