will we ever have radeon drivers that aren't crap?

Alan Evans ame.fedora at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 20:46:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Frank Cox wrote:

> The Radeon X1550 that I had in the computer previous to this one worked
> perfectly with Fedora 10, as well.

And the X1550 seems to me to work even better with Fedora 11. Yes, I'm serious.

I'm beginning to think that I may be the only one for whom the ATI
situation improved in the transition from F10 to F11. In F10, I would
get really bad "tearing" when I moved some windows or scrolled large
web pages in Firefox, for example. Since the upgrade to F11, video
seems smooth and clean.

My requirements were not much: all I really needed was working dual
monitor. Compiz, 3D, games etc. were not a big deal for me. And X1550
is obviously not a very new card (I purchased it from a shop that
specializes in old/refurbished hardware).

So in my case, the ATI support from the radeon driver actually
improved. Imagine!