Q about alsamixer:CD

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jul 29 00:53:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 15:01 -0300, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> If I remember well, grip is one application that gets the sound via
> the anlog cable.

I've never had it work that way, it rips the sound digitally, here.

While it's possible to just play the disc and sample it analoguely, and
grip might support that (I don't have it installed any more, to check),
that's not a default option, and would be slow (real time).  If you've
done any disc ripping at faster than the normal playing time of the
audio tracks, then you've done it digitally.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.