Fedora 11 upgrade, sound in Flash solved

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 01:41:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:43 AM, Ted Roche<tedroche at gmail.com> wrote:

> My solution was in step #4: installing gst-mixer and finding the PCM
> setting at zero. Pushed it to 100% and sound works.
>
> Someone who understands how all the parts interact could do the Fedora
> Community a great service by writing up a troubleshooting guide.

And one further: I hadn't realized that Flash was not playing sound.
Everything else - MP3s (using Fluendo), mov, ogg etc were all working,
but no sound in Flash until I found:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Multimedia/Flash

Following the instructions for F11 resulted in upgrading from Flash 9
to 10 and sound now works.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC