Problems after a yum upgrade from F10 to F11

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 30 03:23:05 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 29 July 2009, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
>On 07/29/2009 06:14 PM, stan wrote:
>> On Wed, 29 Jul 2009 23:28:57 +0200
>>
>> lars.bjorndal at broadpark.no (Lars Bjørndal) wrote:
>>> I tried that too, without any difference - sorry.
>>
>> Perhaps you could try some of the other vga options - 0x312, etc.  It
>> has been years since I set this up, don't have a list of them anymore.
>> Maybe someone else will give you a better answer.
>
>I'm not sure how accurate this is (some of the x24 and x32 modes aren't
>in the kernel's list for me in F10/F11), but there is a list of mode ids at:
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VESA_BIOS_Extensions

That is probably a complete list when it was compiled, Kevin, but many of the
more recent LCD monitors operate best at 1680x1050.  Perhaps that list needs
updated?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  "Professional certification for car people may sound like an
  oxymoron." -The Wall Street Journal, page B1, Tuesday, July 17,
  1990.