Mozilla Prism crashes in F11

Jatin K ssh.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 07:48:12 UTC 2009

On 07/30/2009 01:04 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Gilmar Machado wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am running version 1.0b1 (available on the official site) on Fedora
>>> 11 x86. The application crashes on any site that contains flash
>>> objects. In the terminal the only error message is "segmentation
>>> fault"
>>>
>>> Pages with no flash objects opens normally.
>>>
>>> Someone has the same problem?
>>>

>> I could not locate the 1.0b1 download....  URL?
>>
>> Anyway, testing on 0.9 on a 32 bit system....  Flash does not
>> display...but Prism does not crash.
>>
>> Sounds like this is something that should be reported to Mozilla (if it
>> hasn't already been done) rather than here.
>>

> FWIW, found that prism wasn't aware that the flash plugin was
> available.  Fixed that...and then it crashed as you've indicated....

please try this  go to  system --> preferences ---> Desktop Effects
and click on enable desktop effects, then restart you system , now try
any site with flash player , may be www.youtube.com  ...   and see your
problem will go away

really that worked for me ....  if I disable desktop effects my  Mozilla
firefox  crashes when I open any flash sites