gnome-volume-control channel levels (Solved)

Misha Shnurapet zayzayats at yandex.ru
Thu Jul 30 16:20:30 UTC 2009

В Вск, 26/07/2009 в 18:18 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson пишет:
> Misha Shnurapet wrote:
> > I have removed all i386 packages from my F10 x86-64 system,
> >
> > $ rpm -qa | grep i386
> >
> > and now the gnome-volume-control doesn't remember the channel levels
> > upon reboot. :-)
> >
> > Particularly the system boots with the Front channel volume set to zero
> > each time. I am now trying to figure out why this funny behavior and how
> > to fix it. Any clue? :-)
> >
> > Thx.
> >
> If you are talking about the sound level before anyone logs in,
> check /etc/udev/rules.d/90-alsa.rules - I believe that is where it
> is set.
>
> Mikkel

Thanks, Mikkel. I have read Antonio's instructions on another topic:

$ alsamixer -c 0
set the sound levels to what you like and test it out.  Once you are
satisfied with sound levels, run
$ su -
passwd:
# /sbin/alsactl store

I tried to run alsamixer, but there wasn't such command. I found out
that the package alsa-utils was not present (I might have deleted it
along with its 32-bit version). I installed it back, and then I didn't
have to do anything else. :)