F11 installation w/o journaling fs

rgheck rgheck at comcast.net
Fri Jul 31 00:53:32 UTC 2009

http://ext4.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Ext4_Howto#.22No_Journaling.22_mode

> A quick
> googling tells me that even mounting an ext4 fs with
> data=writeback mode, it does metadata journaling. I don't know
> how much stress (and space) that is on an ssd.

I installed on an Eee 1000 by using the livecd-tools to copy boot.iso to
a pendrive, boot from that, and then do an NFS install. I've also had
success copying the DVD ISO to a pen drive that way. To do this, install
livecd-tools, then look at livecd-iso-to-disk.

rh