Fedora 11 installation on Thinkpad X31- Unstable tsc

Nguyen Duy Phuong nguyenduyphuongtoronto at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 06:19:39 UTC 2009

Hi, I am a newbie to Linux. Have tried F11 hard disk based installation unsuccessfully on my X31 for the 5th day. After choosing grub at boot (Windows XP is still functional) the insatallation hangs at

firewire_core: created device fw0...
clocksource tsc unstable (delta=-255137765 ns)

Have tried to add to the kernel line in menu.lst either "highres=off ohz=off irqpoll", or "clocksource=hpet", "clocksource=acpi_pm", or "clocksource=jiffies", or "acpi=off", etc. to no avail. vmlinuz0, init.
I wonder if you can please help. Cheers.