headless setup

Bazooka Joe fastfish at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 20:14:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:43 PM, Mikkel L.
Ellertson<mikkel at infinity-ltd.com> wrote:
> Bazooka Joe wrote:
>> Hi, I need to configure f11 to redirect output to the serial port.
>>
>> I looked at the inittab which doesn't look like the right file to edit.
>>
>> btw i have run level 3 and no x already.
>>
>> thx
>>
>> bazooka
>>
> You may find this site useful:
>
> http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO.html
>
> Mikkel
> --
>
>  Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
> for thou art crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!
>

> --

that is one hell of a howto

the problem is, on fedora the inittab is not standard anymore.

the instructions i have say to rem out the tty1 .... and add ttyS0
but nothing exists like that in fedora - at least i haven't found it.

# Run gettys in standard runlevels
#1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
#2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
#3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
#4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
#5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
#6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6
S0:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty ttyS0 19200