Re: f11 - missing font?

On 06/30/2009 05:34 PM, Tom Horsley wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:00:45 -0600
Frank Cox wrote:

I hadn't, in fact.  But installing them didn't solve the problem.  (I logged
out and logged back in to make sure, no joy...)

I've found a lot of stuff where logging in and out isn't good enough.
I wouldn't be too sure they aren't installed until you reboot and
they still aren't there.

These things seem to get the fonts squared away:

$ fc-cache

(I don't know if there is some way this needs to be run as root)

If you're running xfs (I am):

# service xfs restart

At least that has seemed to work for me in the past.