Packagekit being too helpful

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Jul 1 07:13:11 UTC 2009

When reading email, I occasionally get a pop-up window to the effect that "An
additional font is required:  Chinese Would you like to search for one now?" or
"An additional font is required: Korean Would you like to search for one now?"
I even got one of those pop-ups when viewing a file with less in the Gnome
terminal the other day. The Help button on that window takes me to the help
file for Packagekit, so I guess that's what's doing it.

How can I tell Packagekit to quit doing that?  No, I don't want to install an
additional font.