Re: f11 - missing font?

Frank Cox wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:48:00 +0300
Markku Kolkka wrote:

xorg-x11-fonts-Type1
That wasn't installed, but installing it wasn't the solution
-- the error is still present.
Did you restart X (and xfs) after installing the font? xorg-x11-fonts-Type1 provides the scalable IBM Courier fonts (-ibm-courier-*-*-normal--*-*-*-*-m-*-*-*)

I logged out and logged back in.  Shouldn't that have accomplished the goal?

xfs is started as part of the system startup.  You could, as root:

	service xfs restart

Not sure about X.  I think a logout/login just restarts xdm, not X
itself.

Ideally, reboot the system.  That way you're sure everything was done.
-          When all else fails, try reading the instructions.        -