Yum configuration for multiple architectures

I have two Fedora 10 systems.  both run x86_64.  However when I do yum
search commands on one the i386 rpms are listed but they are not on the
other!  I've compared the configurations as best I can and I cannot
figure out why.  They use the exact same repositories and yum.conf
matches.
Any ideas?
wcn