kdenlive

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Wed Jul 1 19:08:50 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Is anyone using kdenline in Gnome on Fedora 11?  Is kdenlive stable?

I've installed kdenline on my Fedora 10 box using a yum repo linked to
from the kdenlive website. My desktop of choice is Gnome.

kdenlive is a massive crash fest for me.  It'll start up ok, I can add
clips, and view them. But, as soon as I try to edit the clip, kdenlive
crashes out.  I've also had X lock up completely.  I had to ssh to my
desktop from another machine to initiate a reboot (it was the only way
to fix the problem).

So, is kdenlive actually usable in Fedora 11?  I've been hesitating
moving up to it because the driver for my Radeon HD3850 isn't yet
available for the Fedora 11 kernels.  I quite enjoy the 3D effects. :)

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.27.25-170.2.72.fc10.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux