Re: Display all washed out

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 19:36:54 +0000 (UTC)
Beartooth wrote:

> > Sounds more like the KVM is screwing up the signal, or the monitor is
> > maladjusted. [snipperoo]
>
> 	I'm not sure how much of that I understand; but I haven't touched
> any of the hardware -- monitor nor graphic card (whatever that is) nor
> switch (other than  in connecting and disconnecting).

You can easily find out.  Connect the "problem machine" directly to the
monitor -- remove the KVM switch from the circuit.

See if the problem goes away.

If the problem goes away, the KVM switch is the problem.

If the problem doesn't go away, the KVM switch isn't the problem.