Re: Totem Movie Player

> 2009/7/2  <gilpel altern org>:
>> me
>> system. I'll check and remove any reference to rpmfind.
>>> The rpm man page tells you how to find which keys have been imported:
>> rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*
>>> You can use rpm -qi to get an idea who might have provided a key.
>>
>> $ rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*
>> gpg-pubkey-8fcff4da-49c51006
>> gpg-pubkey-d22e77f2-49750871
>> $ rpm -qi gpg-pubkey*
>> package gpg-pubkey* is not installed
>>
>> How come Fedora uses GPG and gpg-pubkey* is not installed?
>
> Because your syntax is wrong.
>
> You can do rpm -qa gpg-pubkey*
> You cannot do rpm -qi gpg-pubkey*

and since:

-a, --all
              Query all installed packages.

---------------------------------

the wildcard is not needed for -qa.

Now, "rpm -qi gpg-pubkey" lists public keys, we agree.

Why do

gpg --list-key

gpg --list-public-keys

output nothing?

Let me guess. rpm uses gpg only for package management and has its own
"database"? Is the gpg "database" used for encrypting email or does it use
still another one?

Thanks for your help!