F11 Live CD Capabilities Info

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Thu Jul 2 21:46:16 UTC 2009

I have some remote work over a painfully slow link if using
graphics. To accomplish what I need to do, a dd of a file that
resides on a CIFS share onto a USB key of a server, I was thinking
of booting the machine with an F11 Live CD so I could do this all
in one hit.

So, does the live cd have support for CIFS mounts and an ssh server
so I could only deal with getting the thing started, then dump the
graphical remote logon and just use ssh?

Better yet, can I interrupt grub and pass a "3" to prevent the
disc from even loading X?

I would try, but the connection is so slow, it would take ages to try
if it didn't work and my maint window is short unless I wanna be up
all night, I can't have it off for long :)

Thanks guys!
jlc