Re: Sound breaks up at start

On 07/02/2009 11:41 AM, Jim wrote:
FC11/Kde4
.
Intel 82801G (ICH7 family) High DEfinition Audio
snd_hda_intel

Sound breaks up when starting a video, youtube or wma video. It's slow
at starting and breaks up, into the first 10 sec, of a video.
What's up ?

I have the same problem on my ICH7 based system. I suspect hardware bugs in the ICH7 sound chip. The sound on my ICH9 motherboard doesn't have the problem. I finally bought a Sound Blaster, works much better.

Regards,

John