Sound breaks up at start

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 3 13:50:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 07:55 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Jim wrote:
> > FC11/Kde4
> > .
> > Intel 82801G (ICH7 family) High DEfinition Audio
> > snd_hda_intel
> >
> > Sound breaks up when starting a video, youtube or wma video. It's slow
> > at starting and breaks up, into the first 10 sec, of a video.
> > What's up ?
> >
> Observation - I see this only on systems with Radeon video, perhaps the video
> driver is taking up cycles or ???

I get it with .avi files, but not with Youtube (Flash) or wma audio
files. Don't have any wma video to check. I have an onboard Intel video
chip (82Q963/Q965). My sound chip is:

Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02)

Furthermore, I'm reasonably sure that this didn't used to happen with
F10, just with F11. Can't swear to it though.

poc