Re: kernel 2.6.30.1

--- On Fri, 7/3/09, Mail Lists <lists sapience com> wrote:

> From: Mail Lists <lists sapience com>
> Subject: kernel 2.6.30.1
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list redhat com>
> Date: Friday, July 3, 2009, 7:47 AM
>
>   2.6.30.1 is the recommended stable kernel by
> upstream - are there
> plans to make this available for f10 and f11 ?? Both f10
> and f11 are
> more lagging than the past it seems - probably with the
> release of f11.
>
>   I didnt find much in koji ...
>
>   As per linux-kernel mailing list:
>
>  1)  2.6.29.6
> ****NOTE****
> This is the last release of the 2.6.29 kernel series.
> All users are
> strongly suggested to move to the 2.6.30 release series at
> this time.
>

>  2) announcing the release of the 2.6.30.1 kernel.
> All users of the
> 2.6.30 kernel series are very strongly encouraged to
> upgrade.
>

> --

I hear you and I am applying the patch from 2.6.30 to 2.6.30.1 as of now.  I know your frustrations, but Fedora is staying a bit behind as of now because apparently many things were changed from 2.6.29 to 2.6.30?  I don't know the exact reasons, but I understand where you are coming from and I agree with you.  Is Fedora countering the saying "Latest and Greatest"?  I know that on rawhide a 2.6.31.rcX kernel is being run, that is where the latest and greatest always is, but Fedora Stable should not be so far behind?  Should it?

Regards,

Antonio